SCANurse is a start up company developing a consumer handheld medical device that can diagnose a variety of medical conditions and vital signs. SCANurse is one of ten finalists in the Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize competition, where we need to delivery 30 working devices for testing in early Summer 2015. To make that happen, we are looking for the following people to help round out our team.
- SCANurse is looking for an engineer that can take on the challenging of finalising the engineering design and development for the device from breadboard to prototyping.
- You will need to enjoy solving problems that are considered insurmountable, unexpected and be well versed in technical solutions in a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Our ideal candidate will have a good clinical background or understanding, in addition to having a strong mathematics, software programming and algorithm coding experience.
- A self-starter that is ambitious, ‘thinks differently…’ and can communicate complex engineering & medical ideas and concepts. Comfortable working on your own or with a small group of people.
- SCANurse works with a variety of partners and you will be required to liaise with our partners to input into the engineering, UX and product design and clinical trials.
- MS or PhD degree in biomedical engineering/electronic engineering/ computer science / physics / medical physics or other equivalent technical subjects or work experience.
- Expertise coding in LabView, MathLab
- Expertise in data analysis, algorithm development & coding
- Familiar with biomedical modeling
- Expertise in embedded systems, microcontrollers
- Knowledge of drafting IP
- Experience in Windows development tools & languages
- Fluency in C, C++, Java & familiar with Python
- Clinical experience or good clinical understanding to diagnose various medical conditions
Nice to have
- Telcoms & wireless & cloud management experience
For more information contact: